ATF Finally enters the 21st Century!

Danksies

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
NoVA

Congratulations on taking 20+ years to switch over to a barcode scanning system ATF! Smh idiots. They currently have a 50% error rate which contributed to some forms taking a year to process

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah

Congratulations on taking 20+ years to switch over to a barcode scanning system ATF! Smh idiots. They currently have a 50% error rate which contributed to some forms taking a year to process

I've worked in the firearms industry for 10 years. We manufacture NFA items and this has been asked of the ATF in similar setup for YEARS. The $200 tax you pay goes to US General Funds and $0 goes to the ATF budget to pay toward transfer processing. The whole NFA branch is a waste of time and resources. In my experience they're inept, lazy, power hungry morons wasting agency funds while interpreting laws with zero oversight to fit pump up their ego.

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
I had to deal with the NFA Branch and State Department on exports all week. Either agency tends to make you pissy but mix the two and it sits with you in a bad way for weeks.