Car won’t turn over after AIC install

BrendanE92

Jul 14, 2018
Ride
E92 335i
Hey guys,

I have a ‘07 E92 335i, MMP twins and supporting mods... I just got my BKC manifold installed along w/ the port injection rail. I just got around to installing the AIC controller today and am running into some issues.

I followed the instructions given from fuel-it on where the wires should be T-Spliced

-Green/TMAP -> Pin 10 on large (PassengerSide) black connector
-Yellow/RPM -> Pin 21 on gray (DriverSide) connector
-Black -> Ground
-Red/Power -> 12V switched (either orange wire out of green connector

I have quadruple checked that I am T-tapped into the correct wires, I have tried both orange 12V connections and also multiple ground locations. My connections are good, I have soldered and taped them. My car simply will not turn over with the AIC connected. It cranks and cranks and will not fire, the second I disconnect the negative or positive for the controller the car will fire right up.

Does anyone have any suggestions or heard of this before? I’m thinking it’s a bad controller... unless there is something that I am missing.

Reactions: matreyia

BrendanE92

Jul 14, 2018
Ride
E92 335i
I hope someone can help... I am about to install one too.

I would suggest contacting AIC for troubleshooting. Also, have you loaded a tune on it yet? That can cause issues as well.

Hey guys, it ended up being as simple as just not having a map loaded on the AIC controller. I did contact Splitsec and they were persistent that I screwed up the wiring and that the map has nothing to do with the car not starting... not the case.

Reactions: matreyia

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Hey guys, it ended up being as simple as just not having a map loaded on the AIC controller. I did contact Splitsec and they were persistent that I screwed up the wiring and that the map has nothing to do with the car not starting... not the case.

I don't understand. So one should refrain from loading any maps into the controller?