Crank Hub info

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
As the crank hub problems get more, and more common, people need parts, since I am so familiar with these issues. I put together a little parts list, and also a little legend of what motors share what parts. Its a bit of a hodge podge, of what is shared between the platforms.

One thing to note is that after 2010. All the hub go to the 8 bolt hub, this continues all the way up to the new S55's. They do not use the same bolt, and some sprockets match some do not.

Overall i would say BMW was trying to save money by sharing parts, instead of coming up with a solution to fix the problem.

I can offer hope for all platforms. We are developing crank hub fix kits, and we will add these to our "Game Changer" line up to go with our Crank Bolt captures. For the average person the Crank bolt Capture is prob enough. For other that want to push the boundries, the full hub replacement, with the Crank Bolt Capture, may be the solution for you.
There is a PDF there for anyone who wants to download the reference.

CRANK HUB PART BREAK DOWNS_small2.jpg

Attachments

• CRANK HUB PART BREAK DOWNS.pdf
    68.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Ric in RVA

Dec 20, 2016
If you add a flange behind the hub to keep the belt from over riding the pulley, getting sucked into the crank shaft seal and destroying the motor I want one....Someone is going to make big bank building something to keep that belt out. Truly a terrible design flaw.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Original files updated!

After getting with my BMW rep, he said a lot of the parts have superceded so this is easier than ever.

Basically N55/S55 are identical, all parts numbers can be interchanged.

N54 has its own hub, and bolt, everything else is the same.

So all sprockets the same, all grip disks the same, sprocket clip is the same across all three platforms. Makes this pretty easy.

Reactions: Yeezus335i

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
Original files updated!

After getting with my BMW rep, he said a lot of the parts have superceded so this is easier than ever.

Basically N55/S55 are identical, all parts numbers can be interchanged.

N54 has its own hub, and bolt, everything else is the same.

So all sprockets the same, all grip disks the same, sprocket clip is the same across all three platforms. Makes this pretty easy.
So until your website is updated just order the S55 kit for all N55's correct? I want one while my car is apart.