N54 gear position

ssswdon

Jul 22, 2023
I have a 2007 BMW 335i with manual transmission and fbo with motive reflex lite port injection. I'm working with a tuner on MHD and doing some logs. It appears when I'm in third gear it's logging 5th gear. I'm trying to understand what's causing this, whether the diff was changed or something like that before I bought the car or anything else that I need to do on my end to correct it.

Any thoughts or comments I will appreciated

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Sounds like the car has the 3.46 rear diff from the AT cars. It is a fairly common swap on these. If you search on here you will find a post or two detailing the table changes required to fix this. I don't have the data on hand, but the tables you need to change are "Gear Ratio Calculation" and "Gear Ratio Calculation (Mon.)"

• Informative
Reactions: wheela

ssswdon

Jul 22, 2023
Thanks for the info. I will let my tuner know. I hope he can figure this stuff out.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Thanks for the info. I will let my tuner know. I hope he can figure this stuff out.
That is me you msg'd on e90post lol. If your tuner is not able to figure this (relatively easy) change out, I don't have faith in him tuning the car. I would find a new tuner who has sufficient N54 experience

Last edited:
Reactions: carabuser

ssswdon

Jul 22, 2023
That is me you msg'd on e90post lol. If your tuner does is not able to figure this (relatively easy) change out, I don't have faith in him tuning the car. I would find a new tuner who has sufficient N54 experience
Yeah, the interesting thing is there are so many drivers using DV, I was surprised also. The base tune is locked so I will try and adjust those tables myself on the stage2 OTB tune on MHD. I am not sure if that stage2 will work on my 335 with top single turbo + reflex lite and e85

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly

Attachments

• 6MT_346_Ratio_Calc.JPG
    6MT_346_Ratio_Calc.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 15

ssswdon

Jul 22, 2023
Now I see the issue, its becoming clear. The values in the base tunes(even the base from XDF project) are for a 3.46 G/R per the link above in the name 6MT #$^ .....

Thanks for this.

Attachments

• adjusted tune for 3.078.pdf
    149 KB · Views: 12