New guy on the block

Danksies

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
NoVA
Lol what's up with subies burning down. My boy had a sick (i think '07) sti that had new WG, single turbo, Cobb, and a lot more I'm forgetting that burned down like a month after the turbo upgrade. He was making like 500 to the wheels and I never once got to ride in it LOL

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Lol what's up with subies burning down. My boy had a sick (i think '07) sti that had new WG, single turbo, Cobb, and a lot more I'm forgetting that burned down like a month after the turbo upgrade. He was making like 500 to the wheels and I never once got to ride in it LOL

Owners don't want to pay to rebuild so they set them on fire. Maybe

Reactions: Mikey_b00st

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
IMG_4729.JPG
IMG_4730.JPG
IMG_4731.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG
IMG_4733.JPG
IMG_4735.JPG
IMG_4739.JPG

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
IC install looks good, nice job. Any reason you went with the 7" and not the 7.5"?
Install was great, did a smoke test and noticed there was a small leak coming from one of the couplers not being tightened enough. On the driver side, the top clamp. But we were able to get it tightened up. No couplers have come off or anything. Car is hitting 15-18psi steady.

Went with the 7" HD because I wasn't really willing to pay so much for an intercooler at the moment. Just had a baby and being tight on money.
Also, still on stock turbos, no need for the "Race" Intercooler at the moment. And the 7" should work until about 650whp if I'm not mistaken.

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
That 240 looks pretty sweet man, I definitely want to acquire one in my future once I get out of the army!
Hey! Didn't even see this until now.
YES I would highly recommend getting one. Hopefully a virgin or close to being virgin. They're super fun to drive, easy to work on and so many options of mods it's unbelievable. You can do just about anything.
I'll most likely be getting another one again to build with my daughter once she's older.

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
Lmao that really sucks... mine happened the way it did because the motor blew, some oil got on to the J Pipe (Downpipe) and it ignited immediately.

Jsherry20

Sergeant
Dec 21, 2016
Hey! Didn't even see this until now.
YES I would highly recommend getting one. Hopefully a virgin or close to being virgin. They're super fun to drive, easy to work on and so many options of mods it's unbelievable. You can do just about anything.
I'll most likely be getting another one again to build with my daughter once she's older.
Soon enough I'm real excited for the future!

Reactions: Mikey_b00st