New guy on the block

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
Hey everyone!

Completely new to spoolstreet.

Current car is an 09 135i, I've had it for a little over a year. Haven't joined any BMW forums yet, but have been using them for some research and stuff.
Located in Miami FL
Car currently has:
aFe intakes
Vrsf downpipes
Active Auto axle back
Alpina Flash (6AT)
JB4 w/ Bluetooth
BMS Catch can
StopTech Pads and Slotted Rotors
1M tail lights with light smoke
Carbon Fiber trunk lip

Currently waiting on 7" HD vrsf fmic to come in and a front lip.

So far this car is nice but not the best I've had. I'm happy with the power it's making but would love to get to the 700's eventually. Not in a rush to get there.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Welcome! What have been your past cars? Are you going to do a single or try 700 with upgraded twins?

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
Welcome! What have been your past cars? Are you going to do a single or try 700 with upgraded twins?
Started my driving career with a 1989 Nissan 240sx hatchback. Did a SR20DET swap, making 300-350whp with upgraded Turbo and all other supporting mods.

Had a Nissan Juke as a daily, then traded
that in for 2015 Subaru WRX.
The WRX was one of the forts in south Florida, also one of the fastest at the time before the motor blew and car caught fire. Ended as a total loss.

Subie made around 400awhp. Was definitely fun to drive. Had an amazing feel to it. I miss driving stick shift.

Then bought the 135.

Reactions: doublespaces

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
Forgot to say, I'd like to stick to upgraded twins. But I've always been a fan of single turbo setups. Just for me I think the twins have les lag and are a lot more responsive from the research I've done.
Was looking at the mmp stage 3 set up. So far that's the one I like the most. But waiting to see more people running them for a while.
Planning to upgrade when my stocks blow

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Been trying to post pics but I can't on my phone apparently
Photos files are treated as attachments on this board. You click upload a file below the text entry box. You then insert the image as a thumbnail or full image using the button next to the uploaded attachment.

If you have a link to a photo you can insert it the other way using the toolbar icon.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Forgot to say, I'd like to stick to upgraded twins. But I've always been a fan of single turbo setups. Just for me I think the twins have les lag and are a lot more responsive from the research I've done.
Was looking at the mmp stage 3 set up. So far that's the one I like the most. But waiting to see more people running them for a while.
Planning to upgrade when my stocks blow

If you don't like lag, then a single is not the way to go.... They have lag, a good bit if it depending on your turbo. It's not bad if you're manual I suspect, but for automatics luckily the xHP flash is available because D mode is borderline unusable for a city car. Down shifting is required to get off the line without everyone passing lol.

Until about 3000 rpm, there is virtually no distinguishable difference in the pedal from part to WOT. I keep finding myself pressing the pedal in a lot trying to get going, then when i hit 3500 boost onset peaks like crazy then suddenly my wastegates are open and I'm racing in a 35 mph zone. Like damn, just trying to get to the store. I have yet to do the xHP flash though but I heard it solves that issue.

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
If you don't like lag, then a single is not the way to go.... They have lag, a good bit if it depending on your turbo. It's not bad if you're manual I suspect, but for automatics luckily the xHP flash is available because D mode is borderline unusable for a city car. Down shifting is required to get off the line without everyone passing lol.

Until about 3000 rpm, there is virtually no distinguishable difference in the pedal from part to WOT. I keep finding myself pressing the pedal in a lot trying to get going, then when i hit 3500 boost onset peaks like crazy then suddenly my wastegates are open and I'm racing in a 35 mph zone. Like damn, just trying to get to the store. I have yet to do the xHP flash though but I heard it solves that issue.
Nice lol what set up you have going?

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
IMG_6731.JPG
IMG_7252.JPG
IMG_7461.JPG
IMG_1479.PNG
IMG_1703.JPG
IMG_1705.JPG
IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_2233.JPG
IMG_2483.JPG
IMG_2548.JPG
IMG_3424.JPG
IMG_4179.JPG
IMG_4678.JPG

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The build looks insane!
I'm at the end just about. I want to enjoy it now. I've got a few things sitting around I need to install:

Electronic Performance Steering Wheel
Coilovers
Rear PDC and M sport conversion
Servotronic wiring and SS Brake lines

And I have bought most of the parts, just need to have someone fab me up a custom 3.5" exhaust as well as setup the flex fuel when it comes out. So flex fuel, exhaust and painting bumpers is pretty much the only stuff left to pay for.

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
I'm at the end just about. I want to enjoy it now. I've got a few things sitting around I need to install:

Electronic Performance Steering Wheel
Coilovers
Rear PDC and M sport conversion
Servotronic wiring and SS Brake lines

And I have bought most of the parts, just need to have someone fab me up a custom 3.5" exhaust as well as setup the flex fuel when it comes out. So flex fuel, exhaust and painting bumpers is pretty much the only stuff left to pay for.
Looks like you are just about done then! Must be a good feeling dude.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Looks like you are just about done then! Must be a good feeling dude.

Yeah, take your time with your build. I did all of that basically in one go. Car still hasn't came all the way back to stable yet from all the stuff I did to it. In fact, about to go jack the car up right now searching for a boost leak around my wastegate.

Reactions: Mikey_b00st

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
Yeah, take your time with your build. I did all of that basically in one go. Car still hasn't came all the way back to stable yet from all the stuff I did to it. In fact, about to go jack the car up right now searching for a boost leak around my wastegate.
These cars are reminding me a little of my 240sx hahaha

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
IMG_4719.JPG
Fmic is in as well as a couple other few goodies. I went with the 7" HD VRSF. Finish is not the best, but I hope the fitment is good and it functions great. Will be finding out soon. This thing looks like a beast of an intercooler.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
View attachment 4108 Fmic is in as well as a couple other few goodies. I went with the 7" HD VRSF. Finish is not the best, but I hope the fitment is good and it functions great. Will be finding out soon. This thing looks like a beast of an intercooler.

Nice! Report back on fitment. What finishing issues were there, damage or welding related?

Mikey_b00st

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
09 135i
Nice! Report back on fitment. What finishing issues were there, damage or welding related?
You can tell that the welding is not the greatest ever but it's not too bad either. They paint a silver color I'm guessing but you can see that there are 2 strips across the core that had tape on them while they painted it.
There were 2 big holes on the edges that squished a few fins in.

• Informative