delete

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If you think its a bad injector, you could swap the injector or unplug it entirely and see what kind of difference it makes I guess? Are you thinking a leaky injector or stuck open/closed? In either case, that is not good, particularly if its leaking fuel down the cylinder walls. Do you get rough starts?

• Dumb
Reactions: fredcase

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Coding is done per cylinder, so you'll want to recode whatever cylinders you swap to match the injectors installed in them regardless. Coding takes about 1 minute if INPA is already setup, so do what's less physical work.

You have new teflon seals and the seal tool to replace them?

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Thats hilarious. This is the first episode of "did i blow my n54" but the 2nd episode of, "is this car salvageable"

Weren't you around for the stuck axle? This is the other car.

Any input on how to diagnose whats up without spending money, or attempting to log with cobb.

Logging with Cobb pretty straightforward. You will need a USB to mini USB cable and the cobb ATR software. Record a log on the accessport. Plug the accessport into the computer and transfer the logs to your computer.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
What are we looking for to determine whats at fault? Afr ratii between banks?

That or a large trim variance between banks would be the only thing that would possibly show up in a log. When you said there was oil on the plug did you mean on the outside from a leaking valve cover or the electrode portion? Also do not reuse injectors seals. Not worth damaging a head over a couple dollar seal.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
+1, seal could potentially be reused if you compress it after removal, but it's a $.90 part that can cost $k's down the road.