Website problemos

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Hey dictator of the forums, I have a complaint that needs addressing. I won't be asking for a refund yet. But if this isn't fixed within a few years I will threaten to go back to e90post.

Uhh, when using an Android and searching, the results come back looking like this, and you cannot click any of the results.

Thank you!

full?d=1543211553.jpg

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
You're not the boss of me don't tell me what to do.

Unrelated, it works perfectly now :)

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I didn't experience that, and it may have just been my browser on android, but every time I tried to rate a post, the only think I could do was like it. I never got the pop-up to show the choices.

EDIT: Oddly enough, now I don't even have the ability to rate posts, even on desktop. Is that by design or did I get put into some kind of 'bad' zone?

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
One other thing - I noticed that the reaction count seems corrupt. It shows that I've only give 6 Agree reactions, but when I click the number to see the detailed list, there's 8 pages of them. Some also show double counts on the post itself when you click "Show all". Here's one that's not just mine:
1543240354917.png

I'm fairly certain I've given more than 6 "agree" reactions, so I don't think the list is all duplicates.

It also shows me as having given and received 0 dumb ratings. If only I were so lovable to have received no dunb ratings, lol. It has 12 in the list when I click the 0, but each one is duplicated, so it looks like they are all doubled up as well.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I didn't experience that, and it may have just been my browser on android, but every time I tried to rate a post, the only think I could do was like it. I never got the pop-up to show the choices.

EDIT: Oddly enough, now I don't even have the ability to rate posts, even on desktop. Is that by design or did I get put into some kind of 'bad' zone?
There is a daily limit I think. Also, you have to hold the like button for the other options to appear or hover on desktop.

Send me a screenshot if you can.

One other thing - I noticed that the reaction count seems corrupt. It shows that I've only give 6 Agree reactions, but when I click the number to see the detailed list, there's 8 pages of them. Some also show double counts on the post itself when you click "Show all". Here's one that's not just mine:
View attachment 20514

I'm fairly certain I've given more than 6 "agree" reactions, so I don't think the list is all duplicates.

It also shows me as having given and received 0 dumb ratings. If only I were so lovable to have received no dunb ratings, lol. It has 12 in the list when I click the 0, but each one is duplicated, so it looks like they are all doubled up as well.
This is a known bug, trying to get it sorted. Only thing that copied from the old ratings to the new one was likes.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
While this thread is here...

1) Maybe the Alerts are fixed now but previously sometimes I have posted in a thread and then later there are unread responses but no alert.

2) I have to click the down arrow on each person to see their rep, join date, etc. Can it just be standard that it is down or is this a setting somewhere?

[ATTACH=full]20531[/ATTACH]
doublespaces
Administrator
Oct 18, 20166,6311,912

AZ

Best answers0

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 88

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
While this thread is here...

1) Maybe the Alerts are fixed now but previously sometimes I have posted in a thread and then later there are unread responses but no alert.
I will keep an eye on this, but do you mean no email notification or alert in the user panel?

2) I have to click the down arrow on each person to see their rep, join date, etc. Can it just be standard that it is down or is this a setting somewhere?

[ATTACH=full]20531[/ATTACH]
doublespaces
Administrator

Oct 18, 20166,6311,912

AZ

Best answers0

This is just a theme option, I could probably change it, but its not that hard to click down is it?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
View attachment 20514

In the process of investigating this. I've imported the old ratings twice now, it may account for the duplicates. Will be working with the developers to resolve.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I will keep an eye on this, but do you mean no email notification or alert in the user panel?

This is just a theme option, I could probably change it, but its not that hard to click down is it?

User panel. I was going to screen shot an example at work but well I had some work to do. I have definitely missed alerts not that it is a big deal, just something you should know.

Clicking down is annoying as I have to do it on every thread and post, literally. If someone is a continual contributor with lots of pos reps and posts or a shithead with low posts, it's nice to known ahead of time what post you are reading. If anything make hiding it an option not the default. This also helps vendors have more credibility like a new vendor with few posts and likes vs. One with many posts and likes, same goes for members.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Clicking down is annoying as I have to do it on every thread and post, literally. If someone is a continual contributor with lots of pos reps and posts or a shithead with low posts, it's nice to known ahead of time what post you are reading. If anything make hiding it an option not the default. This also helps vendors have more credibility like a new vendor with few posts and likes vs. One with many posts and likes, same goes for members.

I just changed it momentarily, but it causes this huge green bar going across the screen on mobile view. I'll have to find a way to disable it on mobile so until then it will stay hidden. If you really need to see it, choose the "Simple" theme. This is basically the default theme for the board and it has the bar as you're explaining.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Also, I updated the Avatars, they are now squarish and are now the largest possible size, before they were 'small'. If you want to see medium, go to the light theme and let me know which one looks better.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
I think the larger avatar looks better

also... just tried clicking the down arrow for my username to the left and doesn't do anything. I can view others in this thread - just not this one

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Site was down today for a out an hour and a half for planned maintenance. Only planned about 15 mins but at least everything is back up and running.

Making many firewall adjustments and playing with a few security items.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Okay, the reactions counts are now totaling correctly, however there are duplicates in these counts. This is expected because I imported the reactions twice thinking the first did not work, but it was a different issue. So some custom software may need to be written to undo this issue.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I just changed it momentarily, but it causes this huge green bar going across the screen on mobile view. I'll have to find a way to disable it on mobile so until then it will stay hidden. If you really need to see it, choose the "Simple" theme. This is basically the default theme for the board and it has the bar as you're explaining.

Hopefully you can figure it out. It's also nice to see where people are, if they are local to you, etc. I know you can click it but it's much better always displayed. I'm going to try the simple theme now.

edit: Simple looks fine but I would like more info. Now I can't have the option to click down and see the details. Something more like E90 or other forums:

Name: Torgus
Title/Rank: Administrator
Drives: 2005 E91 single turbo
Rep Bar: +1million

If you have a trader/seller/buyer rating system set up I would add that in too.

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
There is a reason forums are failing, stuffing too much shit on a mobile screen causing usability problems is one of them. Keeping a balance between the mobile and desktop and tablet views requires a lot of work. For now you're just gonna have to click with your lazy ass hand.

Reactions: GreyNBlueE92

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I would argue forums are failing because people prefer facebook or the like to get their information and updates on things. One place to go for social media and your hobby with more pictures and video. Look at Frankenturbo and MMP both moved to Facebook only basically. What do they get? A Massive echo chamber and fan boys which is what I assume most vendors want. They also can control the narrative by deleting posts and banning users which they can't on forums and it's basically impossible to search for content. So things get hidden quick and or disappear when/if they want them to.

Now if you want technical discussion for people pushing the envelope you will not find that on Facebook from what I have seen.

Unfortunately I would argue that forums are going to go the way of BBS, IRC, ICQ, AIM, etc. in one generation. Hope I am wrong.

I'll keep using my lazy ass hand

lazy-hands-make-for-poverty-but-diligent-hands-bring-wealth-8606234.png

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
What is the the blank section I get at the top of the page that says "You haven't joined any rooms yet?"