Anyone want to look over my build before I get started?

GavinMcKay

Oct 8, 2023
I'm planning to start a build on my '08 535xi and I just want to make sure I have the best parts. I did tons of research to make sure and these are the parts that I ended up with:

Wagner Performance Intercooler Kit

Injen SP Short Ram Cold Air Intake System

VRSF Racing Downpipes

ER 535i Charge Pipe w/ 2 Meth Injection Bungs
Tial Q BOV (Blue)

Also I already have an MHD tuner

Some of my questions are

1. Will the non-Xdrive parts work for an Xi? Specifically the Charge pipe and Intercooler

2. Are there any other options for the Downpipes? It's not that I necessarly don't want the VRSF ones, it's that I like having options. The hard part is finding ones that fit the x-drive model.

3. I plan to use Meth Injection in the future, which is why I'm getting a downpipe with 2 Bungs. How should I plug those up for the time being?

4. I don't plan on upgrading my turbos. Other than Meth Injection and a Custom Tune, what other engine modifications can I do?

Thank you in advance!

RTA

Private
Jun 17, 2020
I actually agree with all the answers.
There is also a lot of info to be found on most of the BMW related forums.

PS: if they tell you about the stickers, trust me, been there, done it, it's not true.

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
We have an E61 535xi here and as far as I'm aware, the best downpipe to buy would be that vrsf one with the literal chopped bend :laughing: In regards to question 3, I assume you meant chargepipe with 2 bungs.

Answer to that is that 99% of chargepipes out there already come with 1/8 npt plugs installed.

If you're gonna use methanol as a fuel additive, it's highly recommended to go port meth as cyl 1 and 6 will get an uneven distribution with charge pipe injection. Unless you route the bungs all the way down by the intercooler.

Attachments

• IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: RTA